This section will be updated regularly.
It was first published on 28 February 2020 and last updated on 30 March 2020
Members with sector-related requests around the COVID-19 pandemic can contact Philippe or Jan (*). Upon discussing the request/matter within the EIGA community, EIGA will take appropriate action (sharing information, setting up a temporary expert group, escalate to the EIGA Board, …) and feedback.
How EIGA supports our industry to continue to save lives:
- Issue a MGC Briefing Note with proposals for temporary derogation measures to support the continuation of supply of all medical gases to healthcare facilities and homecare services. See here (for members only).
- EIGA has been working with national transport ministries on temporary derogations to dangerous goods transport regulations. As result, UNECE ADR Geneva published
- M326 on “Periodic inspection and test of pressure receptacles”, describing for a limited time period and for certain gases, that closed cryogenic receptacles and pressure receptacles arriving for refill that have an expired date of periodic inspection and test, are permitted to be filled and carried.
- M325 on ADR “periodic or intermediate inspections of tanks, and certificate of approval for vehicles in accordance”
- M324 on “ADR driver training certificates and safety adviser certificates”.
Or see down this list, for the latest status,
- EIGA published a Briefing Note BN 26/20 on how to clean or decontaminate medical cylinders, to assure the safety of operating staff and drivers, but also users and in addition to obtain a sufficient number of empty cylinders to assure the supply to healthcare facilities and homecare services. See also the related Doc 222.
EIGA shares good practices, country implementation and status, actions our different members undertake, and other relevant information as provided by the National Associations and our members. The objective is to provide insights on the status within our membership and in the different countries. This overview (for members only) can be downloaded here.
All EIGA meetings are changed to Net Meetings.
While this should not be noticeable externally, EIGA staff has switched to maximum homeworking.
We wish you and your families to be safe and in good health in these difficult times.