EIGA actively promotes safety, health and environmental care through working groups at management and technical expert levels, through the publication of a wide range of technical literature, and through the organization of conferences and symposia.
The objectives that these activities address can be defined as follows:
- To promote general safety, health, and environmental awareness in the Industrial, Medical and Food Gases and Calcium Carbide industries so that occupational injury and illness is minimised, environmental damage is avoided, and continual improvement of performance in these areas is achieved.
- To review accidents and identify their causes for the purpose of providing guidance on preventing their recurrence or minimising their consequences.
- To provide information and recommendations to local, national and international authorities and organizations for their guidance in the preparation of laws, regulations and standards which are both practical and effective.
- To promote harmonization in technical and safety related standards and practices within the industry through establishing effective liaison with other international and national gas associations, and working with them to achieve international consistency.
- To co-operate with other organizations on safety and environmental standardization matters.
- To organise and arrange international congresses or conferences on topics within the Associations field of activities, and make the outcome available to the Associations members, to the relevant national and international authorities, and to the general public.
- To initiate research and studies, through its Experts Working Groups, in the Associations field of activities, particularly in the area of safety, and to prepare and issue publications.