EIGA is opening a job for Technical Manager
Job Title: TECHNICAL MANAGER
Job Location: Brussels
Reports to (position): General Secretary
Job Experience More than 5 years industry related experience
EIGA (European Industrial Gases Association AISBL), based in Brussels, is a safety, quality and technically oriented organisation representing most European companies producing and / or distributing industrial, medical and food grade gases.
The work of EIGA is conducted through the Board of Directors, four Councils, twenty working groups and twenty ad hoc groups which involve approximately 400 experts from the Member companies. EIGA hosts approximately 200 working group meetings each year. With 6 persons, EIGA is a small team.
Reporting to the General Secretary, the EIGA Technical Manager assists the effective technical work of the Association’s Council(s), Working Groups (WG), ad hoc WG and relevant ISO/CEN Committees, supports the representation of EIGA positions. Although the Technical Manager is the facilitator and technical lead of the WG’s, the candidate will need to develop an understanding of the technical issues involved in the work, without necessarily being a subject matter expert. Being technical lead of several WG’s, the candidate ensures these WG perform their work well without overlap.
Responsibilities – Technical
- Manage the EIGA working groups to ensure a consistent and prioritised output of documents and timely contribution to standards and proposed legislation.
- Tracking, analysing and influencing European and international legislation and standardisation in development
- Personal participation in external and internal technical committees and Working Groups. Contributing to achieving agreement and ensuring Council priorities are respected.
- Assist in the harmonisation efforts between EIGA, AIGA, CGA and JIMGA via the International Harmonisation Council.
- Assist in ensuring effective organisation and presentation of technical seminars and meetings.
Responsibilities – Representational
- Active promotion of the external image and reputation of the Industrial and Medical Gases Industry
- Assist in ensuring that the Industrial Gases Industry position on key legislative or regulatory issues is effectively stated and presented to the relevant authorities
- Assist in maintaining effective relations with the national gas associations in Europe and with other international gas associations.
- Exposure to an international environment and understanding of the European legislative structure
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience in a technical management position
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Capable of quickly developing good working relationships with all EIGA related disciplines and at all levels in member companies, legislative authorities and other associations
- Ability to achieve results by influencing others over whom he/she has no managerial authority
- Ability to act impartially and provide objective guidance (for example to working groups) within the gas industry environment
- Administrative and technical background at academic level. Understanding issues of safety, health and the environment, and possible knowledge of industrial and medical gases is an advantage.
- Ability to travel and work unsupervised
- Verbal and social ability, well developed communications skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
For applications or (confidential) inquiries please contact the Secretary General, dr Philippe Cornille email@example.com – +32 477 77 77 13