The EIGA history
Commission Permanente Internationale
The “Commission Permanente Internationale (CPI) de l’acétylène, de la soudure autogène et des industries qui s’y rattachent” was founded on 15 December 1923 in Paris. In 1989, CPI merged with EDIA, the “European Dry Ice Association” (CO2) producers which itself was founded in 1953. The merged association, also known as CPI, moved to Brussels in 1990 and changed its name to the European Industrial Gases Association, EIGA, in April 1991.