WG-9 – Classification, Labelling and Safety Datasheets
WG-9 has a scope of work that covers all of the gases handled by our industry, with the specific responsibilities:
- To monitor proposed and current international regulations in order to verify, influence or initiate changes with reference to the classification, labelling and issuance of SDS for gases.
- To update the existing IGC Document on Classification, Labelling and SDS as often as necessary to reflect EIGA positions on new or revised legislation on the subjects.
- To ensure that the software selected by EIGA reflects correctly the EIGA positions on the classification and SDS for gases and gas mixtures.
- To liaise with the relevant national regulation bodies and authorities to submit and explain the results of EIGA’s reviews.
- To represent EIGA’s interests and defend EIGA’s approved positions at international experts meetings.