WG-15 – Medical Equipment
WG-15 considers medical equipment manufactured, supplied and used by EIGA Members. This work includes:
- Matters of safety, regulations and standardisation specific to medical device gases, equipment and devices used with medical gases.
- Collection and review of information concerning certification, design, installation, operation, maintenance, handling, use, transportation and disposal of equipment and devices used with medical gases and the service required for the user.
- Cooperation and coordination with other EIGA Working Groups with regard to work programmes and expert advice.
- Providing advice to relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting in the development of regulations and standards to ensure the safe design and handling of medical equipment.
- Investigating reported incidents and adverse events related to medical equipment and devices.